When September rolls round, my mornings not often go away time for constructing a whole breakfast from scratch. Except for the weekends, I wish to preserve my breakfast routine easy and fast. And if I plan forward sufficient to whip up a baked oatmeal recipe on a Sunday evening? It’s gonna be a very good week.
There are many well being advantages to consuming oatmeal as the primary meal of the day, however that’s not the one purpose it’s one in all my most-cooked dishes. I consider oatmeal as a clean canvas—a hearty base that may be enhanced in taste by an limitless quantity of toppings. Pair it with peanut butter for sweetness and protein or add fruit for a lift of vitamins.
For those who’re craving fall (aren’t all of us) however nonetheless need to reap the benefits of the seasonal late summer season fruits, this peach and pecan baked oatmeal recipe is right here to fulfill. And for the skeptics, belief: this recipe is proof that your morning meal doesn’t should be boring.
What’s baked oatmeal?
I like to think about baked oatmeal as a cousin of conventional oatmeal. Its core elements are related, however the baking strategies and meeting are barely completely different. Baked oatmeal sometimes consists of rolled oats, milk, eggs, and a sweetener (mashed banana, maple syrup, honey, and so forth.). The combination of that base—and any add-ins you want—is baked in something from a muffin pan to a forged iron skillet to create a gooey and hearty breakfast.
The most effective a part of a baked oatmeal recipe? It may be saved and simply reheated all through the week. I discover these recipes excellent for early mornings once I’m not essentially feigning for an enormous meal however nonetheless want substance.
- Rolled oats. I are inclined to lean towards natural grain merchandise, however any rolled oats will do for this recipe. Notice: Metal-cut oats is not going to work for this recipe as a consequence of their completely different texture.
- Eggs. BIG binding ingredient right here—eggs are an effective way to maintain the oatmeal moist and maintain every part collectively.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon and oatmeal are peas in a pod. It provides the peach and pecan a little bit of spice that’ll get you excited for fall.
- Almond milk. I’ve been consuming different milk for so long as I can keep in mind, so almond milk was a pure selection for this recipe. Entire, soy, or oat milk will also be substituted with the identical impact.
- Maple syrup. For a little bit of an enhanced fall taste, I selected maple syrup as the first sweetener for this baked oatmeal recipe.
- Mashed banana. Whereas I really like the refined sweetness banana provides to this oatmeal, it additionally helps bind the entire elements collectively and retains the oatmeal from getting dry.
- Recent or frozen sliced peaches. Frozen peaches can be utilized in a pinch, however nothing compares to contemporary peaches after they’re in season.
- Chopped pecans. Generally oatmeal wants added crunch, and chopped pecans do exactly the trick.
Suggestions for Meal Prep + Storage
Whereas it’s gorgeous to cook dinner this baked oatmeal recipe in a forged iron skillet (I’m a bit obsessive about mine), the wonderful thing about a one-bowl recipe like that is that it may be cooked in any baking dish you want. The batter will be transferred right into a muffin pan for a straightforward grab-and-go breakfast or baked in a cake pan if that’s what you have got available. This baked oatmeal will be refrigerated for 4-6 days and frozen for 2-3 months.