On the subject of eating and consuming in Austin, some might say we’ve got the very best choices to select from. And as connoisseurs of the Austin meals scene, we’d need to agree. Camille Types editors have hit up each brunch spot, espresso store, and patio hangout price visiting—it’s certainly one of our favourite assignments! However to spherical out our information to eating in Austin, we knew a map to the must-visit margarita locations was important. On the subject of the very best margaritas in Austin, there’s a one for each event.
We’ve received tangy, candy, fruity, frosty, and our private fave, spicy. Actually, there’s no lack of tasty tequila cocktails on this metropolis. No matter sort of margarita you’re searching for, likelihood is, Austin has it in a frozen glass prepared for you—with (or with out) salt.
Featured picture of Comedor by Michelle Nash.
10 Spots With the Greatest Margaritas in Austin
There’s nothing like tequila blended with the proper quantity of lime juice in a salted-rim glass that jogs my memory of fine occasions with my favourite folks. After making an attempt our fair proportion of margs in a city stuffed with them, we’ve rounded up the very best margaritas in Austin under. Maintain scrolling for our picks.
Greatest Rooftop: El Alma
El Alma delivers trendy Mexican fare with a novel Austin twist. Spend a sunny afternoon or a starlit night on the attractive rooftop patio perched on the crest of Barton Springs Highway—with the very best views of downtown Austin. Strive the candy n’ fruity Mangorita or go daring with the Flaquita, which is made with watermelon serrano-infused el Jimador Blanco.
- What to Order: Alma has a rotating drink of the month— which is all the time a very good choice— however there’s no going fallacious with their Margarita Clásica.
- Joyful Hour: Daily from 3 to six pm. $7 Margarita Clásica, $6 Sangría, $1 off Cerveza, and $8 Mangorita.
- 1025 Barton Springs Rd | (512) 609-8923 | web site | instagram
Greatest Home Margarita: Licha’s Cantina
Licha’s is a bit bungalow recognized for its Mexico Metropolis-style avenue meals and mezcal craft cocktails in East Austin. The home margarita—made with tequila silver, lime, and Combier (triple sec)—is a steal throughout Joyful Hour held Tuesday via Friday. The outside house is big, so get some pals collectively to seize just a few pitchers on the big entrance, again, or aspect patio.
- What to Order: Ever heard of a Ginger Lemon Margarita? It would simply change into your subsequent go-to cocktail.
- Joyful Hour: Tuesday-Friday from 4 to six pm. $8 Cocktails and Antojitos.
- 1306 E sixth St. | (512) 480-5960 | web site | instagram
Greatest Date Night time: Comedor
In case you’re searching for a enjoyable date evening spot, Comedor can’t be beat. Chef Gabe Erales (Dai Due Taqueria, Noma) and Philip Speer’s (Uchi) trendy Mexican restaurant is likely one of the finest methods to spend a Saturday evening. Al fresco eating, anybody? My favourite, although, was the Tequila Carrot, a vibrantly unique tipple spiked with blanco tequila, anise-y xtabentun, and simply sufficient lemon to chop via the earthy richness of the carrot juice.
- What to Order: The Comedor margarita, infused with orange and punctuated by a lime zest–salted rim, is a recent tackle the south-of-the-border traditional.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday. 5 to six:30 pm.
- 501 Colorado St. | 512-499-0977 | web site | instagram
Most Choices: Güero’s Taco Bar
One other Austin traditional, Güero’s Taco Bar is a kitschy gem on South Congress with top-of-the-line people-watching patios within the metropolis. It additionally has one of many lengthiest margarita menus on this checklist, providing tons of tequila selections. Margaritas at Güero’s are served the old school approach — hand-shaken and made with recent lime juice. Pair your margarita with distinctive Tex-Mex fare just like the mole, genuine tacos al pastor, or enchiladas with hand-made tortillas.
- What to Order: The Longhorn—blended with 512 Tequila made proper right here in Austin— is a Güero’s traditional.
- Joyful Hour: Wednesday via Friday, 3 to six pm. $4 Frozen & Casa Margaritas, $2 off Signature Margaritas, and $2 Beers.
- 1412 S Congress Ave. | (512) 447-7688 | web site | instagram
Greatest Elevated Mexican: ATX Cocina
The fashionable Mexican delicacies you’ll discover at ATX Cocina makes this restaurant certainly one of my high suggestions. From giant to small plates, their meals menu by no means fails to disappoint with distinctive dishes like purple chile roasted hen and Tex-Mex classics like queso fundido. In case you’re a coconut fan like me, their Coco Loco is a sweeter cocktail that also packs a tequila punch.
- What to Order: Typically, preserving it easy is the best way to go along with margaritas—the ATX margarita does the trick.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday, 5 to six pm and Friday via Sunday, 4 to five pm. $9 Margarita de la Casa and $9 Mezcal Paloma.
- 110 San Antonio St #170 | (512) 263-2322 | web site | instagram
Greatest Seasonal Drinks: De Nada Cantina
With a menu stuffed with all the pieces from breakfast tacos (a Tex-Mex staple), to tacos served with housemade blue corn tortillas, De Nada Cantina will fulfill each your starvation and cocktail cravings. Bonus factors when you attempt their seasonal marg—the themed-drink development is certainly one of my favourite issues about this metropolis!
- What to Order: Who doesn’t love a seasonal drink? De Nada’s seasonal margarita is made with recent, in-season fruit.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3:30 to six:30 pm.
- 4715 E Cesar Chavez St | (512) 615-3555 | web site | instagram
Greatest Meals and Drink Pairings: Fresa’s
Whereas Fresas’ Hen al Carbon is to die for, their drink menu provides the scrumptious plate a run for its cash. There’s a drink to go along with nearly each meal of the day—just a few of my favorites being the rosa mimosa, ranch water, and pineapple mule.
- What to Order: Cucumber in nearly something wins me over. Fresa’s cucumber cilantro marg isn’t any exception.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3 to six pm. $2 off all Aguas Frescas, Botanas, Beer, Wine and Margaritas.
- 1703 S 1st St | (512) 922-2946 | web site | instagram
Greatest Location: Joann’s Wonderful Meals
The placement of this restaurant alone might win it a spot on any checklist of Austin favorites. Joann’s Wonderful Meals, situated within the Austin Motel in South Congress, is a restaurant and cantina surrounded by high-end outlets, native companies, and a full of life environment. Their drink menu options Tex-Mex classics just like the Paloma but additionally gives the choice so as to add liquor to any agua fresca or juice on their menu.
- What to Order: The Retro Margarita packs a bit little bit of a kick with added chile salt.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3 to five pm.
- 1224 S Congress Ave | (512) 358-6054 | web site | instagram
Most Distinctive Choices: La Condesa
La Condesa is a well-loved Austin staple due to its various menu, which is all the time a profitable function when eating with a big group. Their drink menu isn’t any exception, consisting of much less frequented cocktails like their watermelon martini made with elderflower liqueur and their seasonal sangria made out of recent native fruit and orange liqueur.
- What to Order: I’m an enormous fan of including fruit to my margarita, which makes the Margarita La Condesa with grilled pineapple certainly one of my high picks.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday from 5-6 pm. Half-off all alcoholic drinks.
- 400 W 2nd St A | (512) 499-0300 | web site | instagram
Most Genuine Taste: Fonda San Miguel
The authenticity of the ambiance and delicacies at Fonda San Miguel is what makes this restaurant stand out from many different Mexican eating places in Austin. Their foods and drinks menus function many dishes and drinks with Mexican roots, corresponding to chile relleno, ceviche, and naturally, margaritas!
- What to Order: Fonda San Miguel’s Pepino Pica with cucumber and serrano peppers is the proper mix of candy and spicy.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday, 5 to 7 pm. $2 off tequila and tequila cocktails.
- 2330 W N Loop Blvd | (512) 459-4121 | web site | instagram