With regards to eating and consuming in Austin, some could say we now have the most effective choices to select from. And as connoisseurs of the Austin meals scene, we’d need to agree. Camille Types editors have hit up each brunch spot, espresso store, and patio hangout price visiting—it’s one in all our favourite assignments! However to spherical out our information to eating in Austin, we knew a map to the must-visit margarita locations was important. With regards to the most effective margaritas in Austin, there’s a one for each event.
We’ve bought tangy, candy, fruity, frosty, and our private fave, spicy. Really, there’s no lack of tasty tequila cocktails on this metropolis. No matter sort of margarita you’re searching for, likelihood is, Austin has it in a frozen glass prepared for you—with (or with out) salt.
Featured picture of Comedor by Michelle Nash.
10 Spots With the Finest Margaritas in Austin
There’s nothing like tequila blended with the proper quantity of lime juice in a salted-rim glass that jogs my memory of excellent occasions with my favourite individuals. After attempting our fair proportion of margs in a city stuffed with them, we’ve rounded up the most effective margaritas in Austin under. Maintain scrolling for our picks.
Finest Rooftop: El Alma
El Alma delivers trendy Mexican fare with a singular Austin twist. Spend a sunny afternoon or a starlit night on the gorgeous rooftop patio perched on the crest of Barton Springs Street—with the most effective views of downtown Austin. Attempt the candy n’ fruity Mangorita or go daring with the Flaquita, which is made with watermelon serrano-infused el Jimador Blanco.
- What to Order: Alma has a rotating drink of the month— which is at all times a great possibility— however there’s no going fallacious with their Margarita Clásica.
- Joyful Hour: Day by day from 3 to six pm. $7 Margarita Clásica, $6 Sangría, $1 off Cerveza, and $8 Mangorita.
- 1025 Barton Springs Rd | (512) 609-8923 | web site | instagram
Finest Home Margarita: Licha’s Cantina
Licha’s is somewhat bungalow identified for its Mexico Metropolis-style avenue meals and mezcal craft cocktails in East Austin. The home margarita—made with tequila silver, lime, and Combier (triple sec)—is a steal throughout Joyful Hour held Tuesday via Friday. The out of doors area is big, so get some buddies collectively to seize just a few pitchers on the big entrance, again, or aspect patio.
- What to Order: Ever heard of a Ginger Lemon Margarita? It’d simply change into your subsequent go-to cocktail.
- Joyful Hour: Tuesday-Friday from 4 to six pm. $8 Cocktails and Antojitos.
- 1306 E sixth St. | (512) 480-5960 | web site | instagram
Finest Date Evening: Comedor
If you happen to’re searching for a enjoyable date evening spot, Comedor can’t be beat. Chef Gabe Erales (Dai Due Taqueria, Noma) and Philip Speer’s (Uchi) trendy Mexican restaurant is among the greatest methods to spend a Saturday evening. Al fresco eating, anybody? My favourite, although, was the Tequila Carrot, a vibrantly authentic tipple spiked with blanco tequila, anise-y xtabentun, and simply sufficient lemon to chop via the earthy richness of the carrot juice.
- What to Order: The Comedor margarita, infused with orange and punctuated by a lime zest–salted rim, is a recent tackle the south-of-the-border basic.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday. 5 to six:30 pm.
- 501 Colorado St. | 512-499-0977 | web site | instagram
Most Choices: Güero’s Taco Bar
One other Austin basic, Güero’s Taco Bar is a kitschy gem on South Congress with top-of-the-line people-watching patios within the metropolis. It additionally has one of many lengthiest margarita menus on this checklist, providing tons of tequila decisions. Margaritas at Güero’s are served the old school method — hand-shaken and made with recent lime juice. Pair your margarita with distinctive Tex-Mex fare just like the mole, genuine tacos al pastor, or enchiladas with hand-made tortillas.
- What to Order: The Longhorn—blended with 512 Tequila made proper right here in Austin— is a Güero’s basic.
- Joyful Hour: Wednesday via Friday, 3 to six pm. $4 Frozen & Casa Margaritas, $2 off Signature Margaritas, and $2 Beers.
- 1412 S Congress Ave. | (512) 447-7688 | web site | instagram
Finest Elevated Mexican: ATX Cocina
The trendy Mexican delicacies you’ll discover at ATX Cocina makes this restaurant one in all my prime suggestions. From massive to small plates, their meals menu by no means fails to disappoint with distinctive dishes like purple chile roasted rooster and Tex-Mex classics like queso fundido. If you happen to’re a coconut fan like me, their Coco Loco is a sweeter cocktail that also packs a tequila punch.
- What to Order: Typically, conserving it easy is the best way to go along with margaritas—the ATX margarita does the trick.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday, 5 to six pm and Friday via Sunday, 4 to five pm. $9 Margarita de la Casa and $9 Mezcal Paloma.
- 110 San Antonio St #170 | (512) 263-2322 | web site | instagram
Finest Seasonal Drinks: De Nada Cantina
With a menu stuffed with all the things from breakfast tacos (a Tex-Mex staple), to tacos served with housemade blue corn tortillas, De Nada Cantina will fulfill each your starvation and cocktail cravings. Bonus factors when you strive their seasonal marg—the themed-drink development is one in all my favourite issues about this metropolis!
- What to Order: Who doesn’t love a seasonal drink? De Nada’s seasonal margarita is made with recent, in-season fruit.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3:30 to six:30 pm.
- 4715 E Cesar Chavez St | (512) 615-3555 | web site | instagram
Finest Meals and Drink Pairings: Fresa’s
Whereas Fresas’ Rooster al Carbon is to die for, their drink menu provides the scrumptious plate a run for its cash. There’s a drink to go along with nearly each meal of the day—just a few of my favorites being the rosa mimosa, ranch water, and pineapple mule.
- What to Order: Cucumber in virtually something wins me over. Fresa’s cucumber cilantro marg isn’t any exception.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3 to six pm. $2 off all Aguas Frescas, Botanas, Beer, Wine and Margaritas.
- 1703 S 1st St | (512) 922-2946 | web site | instagram
Finest Location: Joann’s Fantastic Meals
The placement of this restaurant alone might win it a spot on any checklist of Austin favorites. Joann’s Fantastic Meals, positioned within the Austin Motel in South Congress, is a restaurant and cantina surrounded by high-end retailers, native companies, and a energetic ambiance. Their drink menu options Tex-Mex classics just like the Paloma but additionally provides the choice so as to add liquor to any agua fresca or juice on their menu.
- What to Order: The Retro Margarita packs somewhat little bit of a kick with added chile salt.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday, 3 to five pm.
- 1224 S Congress Ave | (512) 358-6054 | web site | instagram
Most Distinctive Choices: La Condesa
La Condesa is a well-loved Austin staple due to its numerous menu, which is at all times a profitable characteristic when eating with a big group. Their drink menu isn’t any exception, consisting of much less frequented cocktails like their watermelon martini made with elderflower liqueur and their seasonal sangria constructed from recent native fruit and orange liqueur.
- What to Order: I’m a giant fan of including fruit to my margarita, which makes the Margarita La Condesa with grilled pineapple one in all my prime picks.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Friday from 5-6 pm. Half-off all alcoholic drinks.
- 400 W 2nd St A | (512) 499-0300 | web site | instagram
Most Genuine Taste: Fonda San Miguel
The authenticity of the ambiance and delicacies at Fonda San Miguel is what makes this restaurant stand out from many different Mexican eating places in Austin. Their food and drinks menus characteristic many dishes and drinks with Mexican roots, corresponding to chile relleno, ceviche, and naturally, margaritas!
- What to Order: Fonda San Miguel’s Pepino Pica with cucumber and serrano peppers is the proper mix of candy and spicy.
- Joyful Hour: Monday via Thursday, 5 to 7 pm. $2 off tequila and tequila cocktails.
- 2330 W N Loop Blvd | (512) 459-4121 | web site | instagram