Cozy season is upon us, and with it, the longing for consolation meals (finest loved with a aspect of Netflix and comfortable socks). And let’s face it: there’s nothing fairly like the mixture of flavors discovered within the good grilled cheese sandwich. It’s the best mix of golden crunch and creaminess, and actually wants no enchancment. However why not elevate it with a seasonal twist? Enter my prosciutto, mozzarella, and pear grilled cheese that’s nearly refined sufficient for a cocktail party… and each bit as drool-worthy because it sounds.
The Greatest Pear & Cheese Pairings
Earlier than we dive into the recipe, let’s speak pear and cheese pairings (say that 5 occasions quick, lol). Pears, with their candy and juicy texture, have lengthy been a basic complement to a spread of cheeses. From the creaminess of Brie to the strong stinkiness of blue, pears’ versatility makes them a superb pairing for varied cheese choices, nevertheless it’s exhausting to beat this pear-meets-mozzarella combo. Its melt-in-your-mouth high quality ensures an unforgettable sandwich.
What You’ll Have to Make This Recipe
- Ciabatta bread
- Fig preserves (I used fig butter from Dealer Joe’s)
- Contemporary mozzarella
- Arugula — its peppery chew balances out the creaminess
- Thinly-sliced prosciutto
- Pear — any agency, candy selection works properly
- Purple pepper flakes
- Contemporary rosemary
- Balsamic discount
The right way to Make This Pear Grilled Cheese
- First, we’re going to halve the ciabatta bread and toast it beneath the broiler till it’s golden.
- Then we add our fig preserves to either side.
- To 1 aspect, add torn mozzarella, arugula, and prosciutto.
- To the opposite aspect, layer on torn mozzarella, sliced pear, and a sprinkle of crimson pepper flakes.
- Pop again beneath the broiler for a couple of minutes till the cheese is completely melted.
- Then we’re going to sprinkle some contemporary rosemary and drizzle with balsamic discount.
- Press the 2 sides collectively, slice, and devour.
Getting the Good Soften
Since a grilled cheese with cheese that’s solely midway melted is a serious letdown, let’s discuss find out how to get the complete soften and gooeyness we’re in search of. I wish to set my oven to broil and pop the sandwich beneath “open-faced” type to get a fair soften with out making the bread too soggy or the cheese too crispy.
Butter Versus Oil Versus Mayonnaise
You might or will not be conscious that there’s a wholesome debate on the interwebs about butter versus mayo on grilled cheese. Whereas traditionalists swear by butter for its wealthy taste and golden end, others go for mayo as a result of its even unfold and crispy consequence. Nonetheless, for our grilled cheese, we’re totally leaning into the Mediterranean flavors through the use of olive oil to toast the bread, and the fig preserves present loads of moisture contained in the sandwich with out the necessity for extra fat.
Whether or not it’s a comfy night indoors or informal night time with pals, this prosciutto, mozzarella, and pear grilled cheese recipe guarantees to raise your fall. Scroll on for the recipe…