Dips within the pool, chilly drinks, and juicy summer season produce are excessive on my record of life’s greatest choices proper now. Whereas I could be prepared for this intense warmth to subside, there’s nonetheless nothing just like the final days of summer season—and my farmer’s market haul signifies that my produce drawer is filled with far more summer season squash than I do know what to do with.
I’m leaning into the abundance by making this mouthwatering zucchini pasta recipe that remember’s the season’s greatest flavors. Summer season squashes, nutty parmesan, zesty lemon, and fragrant herbs come collectively for among the best easy pastas in my playbook. Eat it al fresco and fake such as you’re in Italy.
Why You’ll Love This Zucchini Pasta
Sure, there are loads of zucchini pastas on the market—however that is the ONE I’ve received on repeat. What makes it actually nice (other than the brief ingredient record) is the precise mixture of flavors. Candy, caramelized squash with salty parmesan. The intense acid of the lemon and the recent herbs make it comforting, vibrant, and nourishing—with out being in any respect heavy. It’s a celebration of summer season’s best, making a dish that’s each comforting and vibrant.
I like to make use of a tube-shaped pasta for this one—paccheri, rigatoni, or pesto—in order that the scrumptious sauce will get scooped up into each chunk.
First, Collect Your Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this zucchini pasta:
- olive oil
- summer season squash and zucchini
- paccheri or rigatoni
- basil or mint
- pine nuts or walnuts
One Pot Dinner = Simple Breezy Clear-Up
In the course of the summer season, I’m all in regards to the one-pot dinner and that is no exception. This pasta follows an excellent easy methodology:
- Sauté smashed garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Add the squash and let it prepare dinner over medium low for half-hour, to let it get good and caramelized.
- Add al dente pasta to the squash together with pasta water, parmesan, lemon zest and juice, and recent basil.
- Prime it with extra cheese, nuts, and herbs—then devour.
Informed you it was straightforward.
Components Swaps for Success
Easy pasta recipes like this one are so adaptable primarily based in your preferences and what you’ve received hanging out in your produce drawer. Listed here are some profitable swaps if you wish to adapt this recipe:
- For a extra nutrient-rich possibility, you should utilize whole-grain pasta, or perhaps a chickpea pasta like Banza.
- Make it vegan by skipping the parmesan and choosing a sprinkle of dietary yeast as an alternative.
- I personally like so as to add a double dose of lemon zest and an enormous squeeze of juice to make it sing.
- And naturally, you’ll be able to all the time add extra summer season veggies. Eggplant can sauté proper together with the zucchini. Or, add a bunch of chopped tomatoes over the past 5 minutes of cooking time.
And also you’ve received a pleasant zucchini pasta recipe that celebrates the bounty of late-summer produce! With its caramelized squash, aromatic herbs, and nutty parmesan, this dish retains it easy and scrumptious, and it equally good for a comfortable weeknight dinner as it’s for a weekend feast with mates. Scroll on for the recipe, and be sure you tag my on Instagram when you make it.